The space between the hand tissue and wrist is called Carpal tunnel. This space contains the median nerve that is responsible for hand movements. This ailment happens due to the compression of this space that results to severe pain even with the slightest movements. A range of genetic and environmental factors can be a cause for this ailment. Further in-depth study is conducted globally to get more information about carpal tunnel syndrome.
Expert orthopedics utilizes their skill to diagnose and treat this debilitating ailment.
Signs and symptoms:
Carpal tunnel syndrome is characterized by the following signs and symptoms.
1. Excessive tingling sensation between the fingers and the wrists.
2. Numbness for prolonged periods on arms.
The usual tests followed for this ailment includes electromyography, nerve conduction velocity.
Causes of carpal tunnel syndrome:
The following are the known causes of carpal tunnel syndrome.
1. Excessive typing and writing.
2. Use of vibrating tools.
3. Tennis players are known to suffer from this symptom.
The incidences of this ailment are higher among women between the ages of 30 to 60 years.
The treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome is as follows:
1. Recommendation of anti inflammatory drugs to fight the inflammation in the wrists.
2. Corticosteroid injections to prevent further depression.
3. Wearing splint and application of hot/ cold compresses.
Carpal tunnel treatments are administered by experienced orthopedics that has expertise in treating the syndrome.
Why choose us?
We, at medeCure, offer the most comprehensive platform to get access to India’s best specialist doctors, hospitals, clinics and labs. With a fast-growing network of Doctors across 40+ specialties, we enable you to book an appointment with an expert orthopedic and take good care of your ailment with just a click.